Huwebes, Setyembre 29, 2011

Intrams-a-thon

Adrenaline rush, this will be the most fitting word to describe what every person during the intramurals would most likely feel. Though not everyone is a player, they can still cheer for the team they like, the opposite sex that they admire, the college they're in and whatever they want to cheer about.


Hectic as it was, since I was also lending my voice for our recording on the day of the photo marathon, it was fun, I could really feel that I was in school again, that I was a student again, that I was learning again. I had to run  to the classroom to know about which pictures to take then go back to the recording booth for the radio mag. And while at it, I had to run down to where the rest of the class was, and go up to the 5th floor on the elevator of death (since the elevator at that time didn't have lights on).


It was fun, Joe lent me his camera, the  teamwork I saw during the intrams was not limited to the teams that were striving to win every tiresome contest that they were part of, it was also visible within ourselves, the competition? Our other classmates, the judge, you.


Every now and then, we tend to be overly competitive in everything that we do, lest we forget that we are not only up against our classmates and our friends, but, as Joe mentioned in his blog entry, we are also up against ourselves. Maybe before the class started, I was more into mediocre things, living up to the common pinoy's nature of "Bahala na", right now, I feel more competitive, this is a feeling that I forgot.


I forgot since, I was in a point in my life that I wanted to question everything, to be rebellious of the norm. But now, as I've seen it, it's not that bad to conform to the norm, someone has to, and that someone is me.


I know this won't mean anything right now, but thanks. It was not only limited to the classroom lesson, the out-of-the-room activities, it was the feeling of being pushed around again, being pressured.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento