Linggo, Setyembre 11, 2011

Fiiiiiiiiesta D:




By all means, not everyone celebrates during fiestas. I had the chance to take snapshots of people for just one day, why? Cause I was bored, bored of the same old, so~so things that happens during the annual city celebration. It always follows the routine, gigs there, gigs here, gigs every-effin-where. I mean, I like music, hell, I LOVE music, I can't live without it but, I grew up, I didn't wanna throw myself into those gigs anymore. I already have my responsibilities and whatnots. 

The snapshot was of someone that was out of the picture; again, that was the subject. Pretty much sums up what I felt during the week-long celebration. It wasn't just boredom, in a sense; it was also the best time to reflect on what I lost. ... I lost my youth, I lost the urge to party, to get drunk during those days, but, most of all, I lost a part of me. I've often wondered why my fiestas weren’t as fun as before, but then, I realized that, my grandpa's old house was sold, years ago. Though I didn't grow up in that house, it was my only escape from all the bad things I've done in my life. That was the place where I could hide my being an asshole; it was the place where I could always strive for the better, where I always felt better, where I learned better things.

Back then, when it was the 28th day of august, the whole family would gather in that house, then, a couple of minutes later, we'd go to the VIP hotel to watch the city parade. Then, hot as it was, it didn't bother us, it was all in fun, then we'd go down to my aunt & gramp's clinic, or my cousins and I would just hide and try to hit people with bb guns. Hell, that was fun, lotsa memories... How I miss the old times. I guess, when we get older, we tend to forget how the little things we've done made our days better. But, when we reminisce about the past, we only feel pain. Pain, cause we remember how the days were and how fun it was. 

So, in a way, I decided not to really "celebrate" the fiesta, there were only 2 events that I participated in, one was the generic-barbeque with my buddies and the other one would be to take pictures of people.

... Looking back on that week, it somehow tells me that, as I got older, I only did the things that had to be done, rather than doing the things that I'd really love to do.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento