Miyerkules, Agosto 24, 2011

ME di na.

A memory etched in every corner of my mind.

Two days before the trip, I was having second thoughts about joining, truth is, I wasn't prepared. I wasn't prepared for the experience, I wasn't prepared financially, mentally... Was not. Life, as I know it never ceases to amaze, piss and mess me up.

First off, I didn't have a camera, but, I had the opportunity to take pictures because some people are just saints or acted like they were. All I brought was a memory stick, which, I would be placing in my pocket for the next 2 days. It was not fun at all, not fun since, the things that really captured me during the trip was, the ugliness of the place. Not ugly in the literal sense of the word, but ugly, due to the fact that a lot of things were broken, or seemed to be broken.

Empty, dull and inhospitable. Those 3 words would best describe the household that we were assigned to, on the first day. I could see myself in that place, sulking, reading, smoking, not giving a rat's ass about what was happening outside. But, I know how to handle people, well, most of the time anyways. Except, this lady was everything that I hated, if there was a chance to speak to her again, I'd most likely shut my cake hole. I would just waste my breath and my time speaking to her.

... at the street, there were people, obviously. People who had different takes on us, while some were just plain pissed that they had a picture of them taken, the others were more than willing to have been subjects by my other classmates. Amidst all the commotion taking place, the kids lining up for their close-ups or whatever the hell they wanted, I took notice of this house. The roof was not done, it was just wood, carefully and, in my opinion, placed in a manner that it would have added some class to it. While it was a concrete house, it was pretty dumb to see one without a roof, while the small wooden house had their roof to cover them up. To put it simply, it was the odd one out.

Even before I took a gaze on that house, retarded as I am, it had been my subject through out the activity. Capturing, or wanting to capture the odd one out. Maybe because I was feeling the same way, since as I have mentioned a couple of times now, I'm one of the people who took the class without a camera. I know its lame and I'm sorry about it. Aside from trying to capture that idea, I also had this feeling of taking pictures of the things that I really found to be dangerous to the people. Like for example, an electric outlet nailed to a post without any form of protection. Talk about electrocution.

Though, thinking about it before going to bed on the first night,  "maybe, I wasn't here to take pictures, but to talk to people living here, talk about what their concerns are and whatnots." Since, I'm sure that most of the time that I spent at the north and south poblacions were consumed with talking and chatting with the locals.

There were a lot of things that happened back there, events which could've been avoided if I hadn't been an assclown.Though being an assclown always has it's purpose and reason, it's still the same. I knew a lot of people, I had fun,well, sort of.

On my way back to the city, I thought about the things that bothered me the night before. What good is a picture if you asked people to pose for you? Was taking pictures of what was broken necessary? Was I having the wrong idea of taking pictures of those broken things and odd ones out? But the biggest question was, if I took a picture of the odd one out, would I be intruding or violating the other photographer's right/s?

To sum it all up, it was kinda having a meat + vegetable meal for me. Though I have personally regret the actions that I had done during the last night, the most unforgettable sad revelation is that, I broke down, in the middle of something that was supposed to be fun. Now, after all the years of visiting and spending the nights enjoying Duka bay resort, I will always remember the dumbassery that I did on that night.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento